Julia S. Blog: Rules: Week of 2/10/14

Monday, February 24, 2014

Rules: Week of 2/10/14

"Differences"
Two Voice Poem


Catherine                              Kristi


I have an autistic brother, a married mom and dad            My two parents are divorced, it makes me so sad
                We are part of a family


At school I seem to be treated like a fool I am one of the most popular girls in school


My parent hardly pay attention to me           I’ve always gotten attention and everything I need


Being an artist is my dream           I’m still trying to figure out my dream it seems


I love being outdoors, and swimming in                       The pond is cold and icky, I’m not 
the pond                                                                                   very fond


I don’t really care about looking pretty           I like to look my best, boys think I’m a beauty


Ryan is a jerk, and our feuds will never                     I think Ryan’s sweet, he’s definitely a friend 
end


I feel loved, but sometimes ignored                                I thought my parent loved me, but then
                                                              they got divorced
                                                   
                         We want to feel loved


I like to daydream, but I always get my Dreaming is great, but so unrealistic
hopes up


I miss by best friend, but I will see her soon           I had to leave my old friends, but I will                                                   make some new

I have few friends, I keep close in my heart         I had tons of friends, before we moved 
                                                                                         apart

I have made some rules, so David will understand     I think rules are ok, but can seem like commands
     We need some structure

I think life has been unfair       I think that life is fair, but I don’t think anyone in it                               cares

I’ve lived most of my life with interesting pets       I've never had a pet before, they make my mom fret


Summer is great for adventures, absolutely perfect     Summer is my favorite time, I hope it                                                               won't get wrecked


My room is messy, there are clothes all over     My room is organized, everything placed  the floor                                     neatly in a drawer


Dancings not my thing, I always dance horribly       I always just love to dance no matter  
                                                                                               how foolishly


My mother’s always home, but it feels like       My mother’s hardly ever home but I’ve 
she’s not there                       begun not to care


David is kind of different and can’t find a place     Being different is something you should 
                                                                                             embrace
           Differences make us “special”


I think for now, everything is just right                   I think this new home, will make things  
                                                                                          alright
                         Life will go on

If you can't tell how it's supposed to look, take a look at the pictures of my poem.




No comments:

Post a Comment