Julia S. Blog: Blog Reflection: 2/24/14

Monday, February 24, 2014

Blog Reflection: 2/24/14

     So far this year, I think I've made great progress in making my blogs better. If you look at my first few blogs, they were made up of short, simple paragraphs, but as the year went on, my paragraphs began to get lengthier, with more details, and better explanations and reflections on my books. I also began to start using more interesting prompts as the year went on, rather than writing a summary for every blog, or explaining who my favorite characters were every single week. I tried to think outside the box, and sometimes, even I, who wrote the blog, was amazed at what a simple story could be changed into when you've analyzed it and thought about it! My blogs have really helped me think more about the books I'm reading, and have really helped me get a better understanding of the books, just by blogging about them!
Now, this was my very first blog post, and as you can see, it was fairly short.


 This is a blog I wrote later in the year, and as you can see it's much more descriptive, and long.


     Though, I don't always believe that having a long blog, makes it better. I believe that sometimes blogs (including my own) can be very redundant, and have too many details that aren't important or have been repeated. I have a tendency to do this, and though I feel sometimes my longer blogs, are better, sometimes, they are actually worse. So, if I were to improve on something in my blog, it would be making sure that I'm not being too repetitive, and making the blog long enough to fit important and relevant information, but not so long that unimportant details are included. Another thing I would like to improve on in my blog, are the prompts I choose. I don't frequently choose the same prompts, but there are one or two prompts that I seem to choose when I'm not sure what prompt to do, and I would really like to possibly improve on that by choosing different, and more interesting prompts to write about!

     One way I can tell that my blogs have improved, and possibly even gotten more interesting is this. On the side of my blog it says how many comments and page views I've had on that specific blog. On one of my blogs at the beginning of the year I had three comments, and six page views.



Though, on a more recent blog (in fact, it was my blog from last week, I received ten comments, and 27 (now 29) page views!

This is showing that more people are beginning to get more interested, and start reading my blog! It always makes me happy when I see that people have actually read my blog, and all of the hard work I spent writing and creating it, has really paid off, because people have been seeing them!


This is one of my favorite blogs, and I think it's because I chose a more interesting prompt to write about, and I think that not only I, but my other classmates enjoy the blogs with the more interesting prompts, and my goal is to write more blogs like this one!

So, that is basically how I have reflected on the blogs I've written throughout the year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment