Julia S. Blog: Summer Reading Blog #2: The Fault In Our Stars

Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Reading Blog #2: The Fault In Our Stars

Pages: 1-313 (End)
Prompt: If you could meet any 3 characters from the book, who would they be?

     Well, the obvious characters from the book that most people would want to meet would be Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters, but I would actually prefer to meet three other characters (technically four!)

      The first Character I would like to meet is Isaac! The main reason is because he had cancer in his eyes and he had to get fake eyes in his real eyes place so that they could get rid of the cancer, which would mean he would end up being blind. I would love to ask him questions about what it's like to go from being able to see to not being able to see, and getting to find out from a person who has experienced it first hand, how hard the transition was! I would imagine it was extremely difficult and challenging to go from being able to see, to not being able, but maybe it went better then he thought. Also a lot of people say that when you lose one sense, it makes your other senses stronger, so I would be very interested in what senses personally became stronger for him! Was it touch, taste, hear, all of the above? Did he always wish he could just see something one more time, see his mother, his father? I think I would miss being able to see the beauty of the World everyday! But, not only did he go blind, but he had cancer! I would love to hear what having cancer is like, knowing you might not survive, and finding out how he coped with treatment and things like that! I would definitely want to hear from someone who had experienced going from being able to see to being blind to know what it really feels like, and also being able to meet someone who had cancer and survived! So, that's why I would love to meet Isaac!

      The second character I would love to meet is Peter Van Houten! First of all, he was an Author, and I think it's always very interesting to meet someone who has written a book because you can really find out what the process is like first hand, and you can also find out what he was thinking when he wrote the book. I would also love to know what it's like to have written a book that has truly touched people's hearts, because I know that his book definitely touched Hazel and Augustus's hearts, and I would want to know truly how good it makes you feel. Van Houten had also lost his daughter to cancer, which is what his book was inspired by, and I would really want to know what it feels like to lose someone so close to you in so many ways! I would imagine it would be absolutely horrible, but I haven't lost anybody that I've been extremely close with, so I wouldn't personally know! I would also like to meet Van Houten because he's kind of crazy, some might even say mad (like the Mad Hatter) a combination of both, and I really want to know what's going through his mind when he's being rude to Hazel and Augustus and Drinking and saying random things, and know why he's really doing it. Is it because he just can't help being like that, or because he's just s that kind of person who likes avoiding questions, and doesn't particularly care about how he acts towards others? So, that's why I would love to meet Peter van Houten!

     The last character or characters I would love to meet are Mr. And Mrs. Lancaster (Hazel's Parents!) I would love to meet them for one main reason, and that's because they had to raise a kid growing up with cancer. I would ask them so many questions! I would ask them if they were ever scared to tell Hazel bad news about her health, and how they delivered the bad news that her cancer was terminal (unless the doctors did that, which they probably did.) What it was like to deal with Hazel when she was really depressed or sick. I know it's hard to raise a kid that's perfectly healthy, so I can imagine it would be extremely hard to raise a kid with a terminal illness! How hard it would be to make sure she stays extremely healthy, and that she's always doing good! I would also think it would be a strain on money paying all of the medical expenses, so I would ask them if it was ever hard to pay certain medical bills, or to pay for certain treatments! I would just really want to find out what it was like raising Hazel, and also knowing that she wouldn't be with them forever, and might not experience some of the greatest pleasures and opportunities in life!

So, that's why I would love to meet Isaac, Peter Van Houten, and Mr. And Mrs. Landcaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment