Julia S. Blog: Insurgent- Week of: 5/5/14

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Insurgent- Week of: 5/5/14

Pages: 32-87
Prompt: Who is your favorite character in what you're reading, and why?

     Well, I know I'm technically supposed t be writing about my favorite character, but I'm going to tell you about my favorite characters! So my two favorite characters in Insurgent are Tris and Tobias. I thought long and hard about it, and I couldn't pick one over the other! They are both equally amazing! Also, honestly, there's not that many more characters you could really choose from to be your favorite, unless you like evil/creepy people, or unless your favorite character isn't really a main character. Because I feel like Tris and Tobias are the only actual main characters. Even Caleb, I don't feel is extremely important. Anyways, I'm supposed to talking about why they're my favorite characters! So, let's just say, I absolutely love their relationship! I love their affection for each other, and how kind they are to each other! I think they are both sweet together, even though they are not particularly nice people! I also really love their strength. Both of them have the will to fight, and keep themselves together, even in serious, scary situations. They are both extremely intelligent as well! They always have a plan, even if they don't go through with it, or it doesn't work out! They know how to fight, and use weapons, and not for unnecessary harm. They both can defeat an enemy, with just themselves, and I love their will power to fight, even though it may be really scary and terrible. They are overall together amazing people, and have great qualities. 

     
     What I really admire about Tris, and what really makes her my favorite character, is her strength! That sounds pretty silly, but I admire her not only physical but mental strength as well! She lost both of her parents in a matter of a few hours, while trying to fight evil people who are a huge threat to her life. She not only makes it through, but has to then deal with the aftermath of it all. Everyday, even with the reminder of her lost parents, she never seems to break, at least not completely. Also, with her physical strength, she's not just strong where she can lift heavy things but. But she's strong enough physically to put up a good fight, to defend herself, to get away from danger, to handle guns and other weapons, to defeat the enemy. She has the physical strength to do all of those things, and I really like that she can handle herself like that! Tris is also my favorite character because she's not very happy and nice all of the time. Though I do strive to be nice to people (even if that doesn't always happen, and it doesn't!) and I look for kindness in other people (and Tris is kind sometimes) I love her personality. She's very realistic when it comes to bad situations, and I don't like when people try to be nice and hide what they know is the possibility of happening. She's very realistic basically no matter what, unless she knows what she would say would hurt someone, in which case, she more of voices her beliefs to herself. In that way, she shows kindness and consideration, and I think that's what makes her believable, and likeable in my eyes. It's part of what makes me like her so much!

     What makes Tobias my other favorite character are many things! Like Tris, I like that Tobias is a realist. He tells it like it is. If you're doing something wrong or stupid, he's going to correct you. He's going to tell you how he feels, and what his beiefs are no matter what. Though, unlike Tris, even if it is going to hurt somebody else, he still says it. If he feels it's important enough to be said, he will say it. I believe this can be harsh at times, but I think that the world needs these kinds of people, or life would be filled with too many things unsaid, and too many white lies. Also, Tobias seems very realistic. The way he talks to people, acts, instructs, and does things in general, just seem so realistic. I think this is what really makes him my favorite character because sometimes, characters are just so fake and unrealistic, that anything they really do isn't believable. I think just the way Tobias acts, and carries himself is so realistic and believable, and his personality is so real, and is a quality about him that I really like! I also really like how he is "in control" you might say. He is very good at resolving fights, controlling the enemy, saving people, calming down panics, and keeping himself level headed. He tries to prevent trouble, and is very good at making plans, and following through with them. He is very good at controlling his emotions, and know when it's okay and not okay to do certain things, and I think being able to keep good control over yourself and keep control In you life, is a great quality to have! So, those are the reasons why Tris and Tobias are my two favorite characters!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really liked your blog this week! You were so descriptive, that I feel like these two characters are real people that I know. I could see why these are your two favorite characters. So far, do you like Divergent or Insurgent the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on...
    Marisa's Blog
    Nadrian's Blog
    Carlos's Blog

    ReplyDelete