Julia S. Blog: Insurgent: Week of 4/28/14

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Insurgent: Week of 4/28/14

Pages: 1-32
Prompt: What has happened in the story so far? How would you feel if you were the main character?

     I do this very often where I've only read a little bit of the book but write a lot, but this time I feel like I really have a lot that I want to say, so here we go! P. S. Insurgent is the sequel to Divergent if you didn't already know. 

     So, basically so far, at the end of Divergent, Erudite, one of the factions, attacked Abnegation, another faction, with the help of unconscious Dauntless members, people that are part of yet another faction. Both of Tris' parents (the main character) had just died and because she was Divergent, she wasn't unconscious like the rest of the people from the Dauntless Faction (except for Tobias) and was actually seeing things throughout the battle. Tris was fighting and making conscious decisions when Erudite attacked Abnegation. She was reunited with her brother, and after Abnegation was basically destroyed from the attack, everyone left for "Faction Headquarters" in Amity. As they arrive at the headquarters and Amity, they go to separate rooms, and soon are asleep. Their battle and journey to Amity was nothing but tiring and stressful. When Tris woke up the next day it was from nightmares that she had because she had killed one of her close friends Will, and was feeling guilt in dream form. Tris also had been shot in the shoulder, and as she tried to shower and dress herself, she found it hard to get things done because it was hard to use her right arm (the arm of the shoulder that had been shot.) An Amity member then came to help Tris with her hair and brought her something to eat. Tris felt a bit guilty accepting her help, but she couldn't help it, she really did need the help. Later she met up with Tobias and they talked about how they would have to make plans about their future, and how lots of things would need to be figured out so they could figure out what was really going on throughout the factions. 

      If I were the main character, I would be scared and sad. For one, she has just watched both of her parents get killed. I know I would feel so scared and depressed if that happened because I love my parents so much it's like unbelievable, and I don't know what I would do without them. They keep me grounded, and love me unconditionally, and I don't know if I could remain calm and just go on with everyday life, after basically a battle, where I lost both of my parents, and killed one of my best friends. That would be another thing that would make me sad; the fact that I killed one of my best friends. I know that Tris, in the story, didn't mean to kill her friend Will, but I would still feel bad, and scared, and upset if I killed one of my friends because I wouldn't have them in my life anymore, and I would always live with that guilt that I killed someone who I loved. Also if I were Tris, I would basically just want to burst into tears. At the beginning of the book, it talks about how when Tris, and Tobias, and Tris' brother Caleb, and a few others, we're going to Amity, Tris hears her brother quietly crying in the dark. I know that I always feel bad if my brothers are upset and or crying because I love them so much that I can almost feel their pain, and I think if I were Tris, I would definitely feel Caleb's pain, and I would just want to cry with him! 

     After losing both of my parents, moving into a new faction, after already switching factions, and watching my home faction be destroyed, and having a target on my back as Divergent, I think I would want to crawl into a ball, and just cry. This is Tris' situation, and it's so stressful. Usually when I see someone older than me break down, I usually know that there's something really wrong, because sometimes younger kids cry for no reason, and I think after watching my older brother cry, I would know something was really wrong. I also think I would come out of shock, and really realize what was going on. I say this because at first, I don't think Tris really realized what was going on. I mean, she obviously knew everything that happened, but she never really processed it. That's kind of how it was for me when I went to London. When I first got to London, it didn't exactly process it in my head that I was in London until I had been in London for a few days! Then I finally started to get the feeling of the amazing place I was at and what a cool opportunity it was to get to go there. I knew I was in London the whole time, but I dId t exactly and fully realize it at first. I think if I were Tris, it would be hard for me to process everything that happened also! I mean so many things happened to her in a short period of time that just seemed so unrealistic that it was hard to believe any of it ever happened. But it did, and that's why, ultimately, I would be scared if I were Tris. So, that's basically what has happened in the book so far, and how I would feel if I was the main character Tris!
                                       

3 comments:

  1. I like your blog! You gave great detail and explained everything well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were Tris, I too would have been scared and sad. It's incredibly brave of her to be able to go through this all, whilst fighting and being brave. But, I guess that's what Dauntless is about. Being able to pull through even though everything is low. I like how you made a relation to yourself when you went to London and Tris being in a different factions. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on...
    Marisa's Blog
    Athziry's Blog
    Jenna's Blog

    ReplyDelete