Julia S. Blog: Divergent: Week of 11/4/13

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Divergent: Week of 11/4/13

SPOILER ALERT!
Pages: 282-455
PromptPretend you are famous reporter on TV. Write a story about what you’ve read
for the evening news.

     BREAKING NEWS! We have just received information that.. is that Erudite... and Dauntless?! Erudite and Dauntless are working together, to kill and hurt Abnegation members, mainly members of the council. They are all armed with weapons,specifically guns, and look as if they are.. sleepwalking! Lets get the scoop on what's really going on. Let's talk to this young girl over here! 

Reporter- "Hello there!"

Tris- "Um, hi."

Reporter- "So, may I ask your name?"

Tris- "It's Tris."

Reporter- "What a wonderful name! May I ask you what you witnessed, and what is going on here?"

Tris- "Sure... It all started only a few hours ago, when I was awoken in the middle of the night by the sound of rustling footsteps, and the sound of tying shoes..."

     I looked across the room, and I watched as the other initiates in my faction, sleepily got ready to leave the dormitory. I was wondering where they might be going at this hour of the night, in the state they were in, so I threw my shoes on, and headed out the dormitory with them. I tried to look like the others, so lost, and dazed, because I knew there was something going on, and if I stood out, something bad could happen. I followed my fellow initiates out of the dormitory, out of the Dauntless compound, and onto a train. I tried to look out of the corners of my eyes to see if anyone else seemed like this, though no one did. Until I found one of my good friends, and someone who is very close to me, Tobias. He was not dazed, yet looked as if he was, so like me, he wouldn't get caught. I knew he was different, like me, but he hadn't admitted it to me yet. When we eventually got where we were going, I looked around and realized we were in Abnegation, my previous faction. I knew we had come to go to war against them, because of my prior knowledge to the situation. So, Tobias and I decided we needed to bolt; we needed to get somewhere safe and fast. I couldn't bare to kill or see my old friends, neighbors, and family in Abnegation.

     So, Tobias and I ran, that is, until we were caught by Erudite and Dauntless leaders, Jeanine, and Eric. They asked where we were going, and in panic we shot them with the weapons we had been given for battle, though we didn't kill them. As we ran away, I was shot in the shoulder, and eventually Tobias and I, were caught. We were brought to a room, where Jeanine and Eric reminded us of the injection that everyone had been given the previous day, which put them in this state. Though, since Tobias and I are Divergent, this injection did not have an affect on us. So, Tobias would get a newer and stronger injection, that would cause him to be like everyone else, and want to kill everyone in Abnegation, the "enemy." Though, I was not going to get this injection, but instead, I was going to die. They put me out, and the next thing I knew, I was in some sort of casing, that was beginning to fill with water. I wanted to break out, but it was no use, because the casing wouldn't budge, and I had to face the reality that I was going to die. Until someone came to break me out, which I later found out was my mother! My mother came to save me, and as we were escaping to safety, she was shot and killed, and now here I am, trying to stay safe, and talking to you.

Reporter- "So Tris, what are you going to do now?"

Tris- "Well, I need to be brave, and I need to stay strong. I know that this is what my mother would want. I am going to fight the Erudite and Dauntless leaders until things can be right, and I could fight them all my life, and it could make no difference, but I need to stand up for what I believe in and what I feel is right, and I don't feel that what Jeanine and Eric are doing, is in any way shape or form right! They killed my mother by creating this injection, and causing others to kill without their knowledge of killing someone, and this makes me sick!"

Reporter- "Well, your one brave woman Tris! I wish you good luck!"

Tris- "Thank you."

There you have it folks! Now, we don't have anymore information on this at the moment, but I promise that when we do, we will inform you about it! Stay safe.

                                                                         -Julia Swicionis, Abnegation Headquarters
     

4 comments:

  1. I commented on Juliet, Citlalli, and Isabelle B's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good! I like how you made it an interview with Tris with real information of what happened to her in the book. I wonder what faction this reporter is from. I'd imagine Candor because they're the honest and would definitely be good reporters. You did a really good job of incorporating Tris' personality into the interview. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, that is absolutely fantastic! I believe that if there was truly a reporter that would be just about how things would have gone. I also love the fact that you added yourself as part of the Abnegation Headquarters.

    ReplyDelete