Julia S. Blog: Son: Week of 12/2/13

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Son: Week of 12/2/13

Pages: 266-310
Prompt: Draw an interpretation of what you just read.

     I would say that we are at a very sad and confusing time in the book, so this is how I would interpret it. I drew the broken heart because Claire's heart is beginning to break. She came to this new elsewhere is search of her son Gabe. This was a search that had been long awaited. Though, the only way she would be able to see Gabe, was if she traded her youth to the Trademaster, which she did. Now that she's here though, she is too nervous to approach Gabriel, and quietly watches him as he participates in his daily activities. She is afraid that if she approaches him, that he will not be pleased, and not love her as much as she loves him. Also, Gabe is building his own ship to take in search of Claire, his birth mother. She is nervous that he will take off looking for her, before she has the courage to approach him. Her heart will truly be broken, if she can never tell her son she loves him, or if her son tells or shows to her that he doesn't love her.

     I drew the thunder storm because, I personally feel that thunder storms can be a bit scary, and Clare just found out some pretty scary news. She had just visited a doctor, and the doctor gave her the news that she probably will not live for much longer. She has about 2 or 3 years left, and that's a scary thought, to know that you will be dying soon. She's kind of at a "stormy" part of her life right now, so that's why I drew a thunder storm type interpretation.

     The last thing I drew was a sea of question marks, and my interpretation of Claire after her youth has been stolen from her walking through it. She is kind of drowning in a sea of questions, and thoughts, and she simply doesn't know what to do! Should she approach Gabriel or possibly Jonas? Should she accept that she's going to die soon? Should she go back to where she came from? Should she go back to Einer and Alys? Should she try and beg for her youth back? Should she simply do nothing at all? She has so many things going through her mind, and I could imagine that she would be confused as well as stressed! So, that is how I interpreted what I just read, and I hope things get better and work out for Claire in the end!

2 comments:

  1. I really admire how you interpreted from what you drew to the book. I understood everything perfectly in how she was in a "stormy stage of her life" it makes sense to me. I have a feeling that she might go back to the Trademaster and ask for her youth back. I mean you never know until you keep on reading! Do you have any predictions on what could happen next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on:
    Isabelle R.
    Elenia
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete